Job Order Contracting (JOC)
1. Quality - Partnering between the client and The Nelson Collaborative (TNC) for the long term on several projects gives an increased incentive to the client and TNC for several additional projects based on quality performance. The decreased risk of having one contract for several jobs ensures the client high quality work.
2. Responsiveness - Having already bid out the contract allows the client to acquire the services of the TNC much quicker. The usual process of soliciting and acquiring a contract, detailed plans and specifications, and approving the contractor has previously been accomplished through the procurement of a JOC.
3. Dependability - A long term relationship based on performance motivates TNC to impress the client with fast, dependable, quality service in order to receive the maximum possible amount of work.
4. Line by Line Approval - The initial approval of the Unit Price Book between the client and TNC allows for simple contract documents that contain only the specific tasks of the project.
5. Time and Cost Savings - The administrative and time costs born by the client in traditional methods are eliminated with the umbrella approval of a JOC. Each work item is scoped and specific tasks are identified by the client and TNC together alleviating the cost of administrating bids and time for approvals in a specific project.
6. Owner Risk - The client can stop the contract at any time after which the contract minimum has been reached.